Monday, December 18, 2006

Why is it that after months of planning my winter break and eagerly waiting to return home that when I finally do I long to return to the states ? It’s only been about a week since I got back and somehow all the glorious and exciting things I thought of are no longer shining down my end. Sure it’s great to see my family but then again home is a nice place to visit but not more than two weeks. I gotta admit though, I finally indulged on the long awaited kanafa and had my share of shawarma and all the junk food I could get my hands on. I think my dog stands with me when I say this, just yesterday I saw him desperately trying to squeeze himself into his traveling bag which had been all locked up. It’s ironic that when I’m here I long to return to the states and when I’m back I can’t wait to come back home but I guess I didn’t realize that home is no longer the place it once was, I have been away for more than seven years now and in those seven years I changed along with the place I once called home ..

16 Comments:

Blogger 3abeer said...

Been there..

Kuwait is a beautiful place when you're far away.. you see only the pretty things,, the closer you get ... true colors show!!

Kuwait.. can't live in it..can't live away from it!

12/18/2006 6:42 AM  
Blogger LinG-BLinG said...

Where is home? Home is where the heart can laugh without shyness. Home is where the heart's tears can dry at their own pace.


Vernon Baker

12/18/2006 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've all been there :/ It even got to a point where coming to Kuwait on Christmas break was more of a holiday rather than actually going back home...Kuwait just didn't feel like home :(

I guess, it's something about the independant and simple life of the states that just makes you want to come back

12/18/2006 2:29 PM  
Blogger Dr.Lost said...

i know where you're comin from .. :( well just enjoy it as much as you can .. maybe you're goin to the wrong places or with the wrong ppl? ;p

12/18/2006 4:16 PM  
Blogger Dr.Lost said...

if you're really bored come visit our hospital and compare it with the one you were doin your fellowship at .. :)

12/18/2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger Diver said...

Home will always be home

u said 2 weeks and u want to go back
When i was studying that thought starts in my head in about 1 to 2 days max, well u may say as soon as i see my mother

12/19/2006 3:49 AM  
Blogger Chica Bonita Q8 said...

3abeer: that too

ling-bling: nice quote :)

howahkan: wb :)

dr.lost: heh thanks but I'll pass :P

diver: lol I know the feeling, I meant two weeks max before I start killing myself

12/19/2006 9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home...it's normal what ur passing thru....just enjoy it...how long are u staying here?

12/19/2006 2:05 PM  
Blogger Chica Bonita Q8 said...

maze: thanks, I actually have a long break I'll be here for 5 weeks or so ..

12/20/2006 2:52 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

"home is where the heart belongs"

where does ur heart belong? :)

12/20/2006 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God! That is so me! I do get the same feeling. I've been living in Bahrain for two years now and I am always so eager to go back to Kuwait. I stay there for a couple of days only, then wish I were back to Kuwait. *LOL* 9ij it's so ironic. Bs yalla... try to enjoy yourself wherever you are. ;)

12/21/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Chica Bonita Q8 said...

missy: I left a part of it in Italy ..

cece: thanks will do :)

12/21/2006 4:37 PM  
Blogger Dr.Lost said...

italy? did i hear italy? I LOVE ITALY :( im gonna learn italian, and live there one day.. for many many years..

*wakes up from his day dream*

12/22/2006 6:43 AM  
Blogger Chica Bonita Q8 said...

I have always loved Italy, I'd leave in a heartbeat if I could ..

12/22/2006 10:15 PM  
Blogger Dr.Lost said...

yala lets do it.. ;p

12/23/2006 12:27 PM  
Blogger Chica Bonita Q8 said...

heh If only it were that easy ..

12/25/2006 5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home