Thursday, May 10, 2007

A thousand Kisses Deep

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz, or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul. I love you as the plant that never blooms but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers; thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body. I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way than this: where I does not exist, nor you, so close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.
~ Pablo Neruda

This is one of the most beautiful poems I have ever read in my life. I love every bit of it ..

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger nQ said...

"I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight...I love thee with the breath,Smiles, tears, of all my life! and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death." I liked your piece, but i still rock with browning.

5/10/2007 3:51 AM  
Blogger eshda3wa said...

wow

its amazing

i loved it

thankx for shreing

and ya wienr YOU ROCK

5/10/2007 4:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice words, very moving

5/10/2007 5:42 AM  
Blogger Cixousian Panic said...

pablo naruda is da shiznit!

excellent choice cherie ;)

5/10/2007 7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of him before. but he's good! he's real good!

5/10/2007 9:13 AM  
Blogger the tooth.fairy said...

Ahhhh Paplo Neruda this guy is a genious.

And this one is one of my favorites too

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way than this:

Raw3a

Thanks for sharing :*

5/10/2007 5:47 PM  
Blogger Grey said...

Wonderful poem ! i love it .. i mean i am living it !!

5/12/2007 2:56 AM  
Blogger Chica Bonita Q8 said...

niqa: I've read browning's poem before it's beautiful but i'm still sticking to neruda

eshda3wa: anytime

n: thank you :)

cixousian panic: thanks sweetie :D

bottled: yeah he's amazing

the tooth fairy: anytime hun

happy wolf: glad :)

5/14/2007 4:23 PM  
Blogger Sene said...

Very Nice!!! Loved every bit of it.
Thanks.

5/15/2007 8:20 AM  
Blogger Chica Bonita Q8 said...

anytime :)

5/15/2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger Shibashis Roy said...

Dont have words...loved it so much I am using it in my blog, i am sure someone who can appreciate such words would not mind.
Thank you.

4/15/2008 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home