Saturday, January 13, 2007

Maki


Last night I went to Maki for an early dinner with a friend of mine. We called just twenty minutes before our arrival to see if they had any seats available; they told us that they were fully booked and that there was no way for us to get a table but we kept insisting on getting a table and so they finally agreed to have us there and told us that we had to leave before 8:30. When we arrived we were shocked to see that the place was almost completely empty! What was all that fuss about? They made it sound as though the place was packed and that there were barely any seats available. It made me start thinking about how bad their management is and how every time we call its as though they are over booked. Why would anyone want to bother with them when Edo, Wasabi, Sakura and tons of other Japanese restaurants would gladly take customers? I have to admit though it was my first time going to their new location and it is somewhat better than their old one, the food was good but I’m not sure if I’d want to bother with them anymore. Which reminds me, I've heard so much about Fusion and have been wanting to try it out but unfortunately my friends and I are clueless as to where it's located so I'd appreciate it if someone could help us out, thanks ..

15 Comments:

Blogger Purgatory said...

never go to maki, join the Edo movement.

1/13/2007 10:36 AM  
Blogger Entrepreneur said...

Interesting, I heard a friend say the same thing about Maki - stupid people.

As for Fusion, it is in the Galleria 2000 mall in Salmiya - tacky name i know - the one with Costa downstairs opposite to the old Guess store.

Cheers

1/13/2007 11:26 AM  
Blogger error said...

an overused tactic to give an impression that they're popular!!

1/13/2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger Dr.Lost said...

oldest trick in the book, like error said..

i hate sushi/japanese food.. so .. yeah..

1/13/2007 9:07 PM  
Blogger Chica Bonita Q8 said...

purg: it's been a long time since I last went to Edo so don't remember much bes inshala i'll give it another try ..

entrepreneur: Thanks :)

error: interesting, I didn't think of it that way ..

dr.lost: how can you hate Japanese food? I love it :P

1/15/2007 2:12 PM  
Blogger the tooth.fairy said...

Edo ALL the way latfakreen eb Maki a9lan.

FUSION mayta kan wedi ajarba bss mayefta7 ella 7 bellail oo wagt il ghada ey9ik at 4.

And like ent. said, it's in Galleria 2000 9oub Plaza Complex.

Tell us how it goes though.

1/15/2007 2:43 PM  
Blogger Dr.Lost said...

well just coz YOU love it doesnt mean i have to as well ;pp

coffee is good.. i do coffee.. :) japanese food.. naaahh..

1/15/2007 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EDO EDO EDO...

1/16/2007 2:01 PM  
Blogger 3abeer said...

I have tried and been to all..Fusion is the best one in my book

and Maki wants to keep the rep of being the best.. but I don't like their menu so much.. their selections are pretty small and not alot of varieties..

I like creativity in terms of rolls but the only thing I do like there (Maki)..is there salmon avocado salad.

1/16/2007 7:42 PM  
Blogger Dakhtour said...

Simply... I hate it!! Eeeeeeewwww!!

1/17/2007 7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no bil 3aaaks makki a7la japanese place in kuwait bas yeah everyone complains about their :oh were fully booked sorry: excuse, next time just show up without booking coz ppl book in advance and never show up and dont bother to cancel so yeah they ARE actually fully booked

1/17/2007 1:17 PM  
Blogger Chica Bonita Q8 said...

tooth fairy: thanks I'll be sure to let you know how it goes inshala :)

dr.lost: I'm not a coffee person ;P

maze: I hear ya :) I'll check it out inshala

3abeer: I have yet to try it out but I'll let you know how it turns out

zizo: I don't blame you ..

anonymous: I'll keep it in mind, thanks

1/17/2007 2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1/19/2007 11:40 PM  
Blogger Honey™ said...

WASABI O BS =D

1/20/2007 2:24 AM  
Blogger Chica Bonita Q8 said...

honey: heh I actually went there recently it was not bad, better than maki ..

3/16/2007 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home