Thursday, February 01, 2007

Musa



Last night, I went to the Abdul-Aziz Hussain theater with a friend of mine to see the concert hosted by the Japanese Embassy about the Japanese group Musa. The name Musa 'is written with characters that can be used to mean samurai' and so they tried to depict in their music the masculine images of Japanese warriors. I have to admit the concert was great it had exceeded my expectations since we hardly get to see such performances in Kuwait. The concert lasted about two hours and left the crowd cheering with joy. Since the event was open to the public I was expecting it to take place in a larger setting as the theater wasn't as big and I recall some of the people in the audience couldn't find seats for the show. I would definitely recommend you all to see it if they happen to come by again next year. The concert left me wishing that there were more entertaining events here in Kuwait to get our minds to open up to different cultures and to appreciate the art of things.
Notes: I'd like to thank exzombie for letting me know about this event by his post. I would also like to apologize for the poor quality of the pictures as I had forgotten my camera and thus theses pictures were taken from a cell phone.

11 Comments:

Blogger Grey said...

I am a great fan of traditional /folk dances . When i was young we used to to this thing called Yakshagana ... its trditional way of telling epic stories which will last from evning 6pm to morning 5 am . But its so fun [ imagine sitting in a paddy field for 12 hours ]..Well those good old days here's a link

http://www.ourkarnataka.com/Mang_This_Week/yakshagana.htm

2/01/2007 12:13 PM  
Blogger Grey said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2/01/2007 12:14 PM  
Blogger Grey said...

ok this is making me look bad coz something is wrong with google ...please delete the above post one last try... the link is http://www.ourkarnataka.com/Mang_This_Week/yakshagana.htm I hope i got it this time

2/01/2007 12:17 PM  
Blogger Chica Bonita Q8 said...

happy wolf: sounds interesting :) I tried accessing the site but for some reason I keep getting an error, thanks though

2/01/2007 2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was told tonight at the bloggers meeting that it was great...too bad i didnt attend it...glad u enjoyed ur time!

2/01/2007 5:11 PM  
Blogger Dr.Lost said...

wow i didnt know we had such events here ... :) sounds like fun... are you stayin here for good? you've been here for a long time right?

2/02/2007 5:17 AM  
Blogger Chica Bonita Q8 said...

maze: yeah it was, thanks :)

doctor lost: you missed out ;P
I wish I was staying here for good but I'm leaving on wednesday, I didn't even change my ticket it's still scheduled for the 5th, I've been here for about two months now it's the longest xmas break i've had so far n so I won't really have much of a summer break so the next time I come back will be in december :(

n I'm gonna miss it, all of it ..

2/02/2007 8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wanasa!!

yeah the council of arts has good programs :) they just need to have more of them!

2/02/2007 2:16 PM  
Blogger Dr.Lost said...

i put a comment and it disappeared, damn beta blogger of mine :(

anyways i had said that its a shame you're leavin already but im glad you had a good time here, and dont worry you'll be back before u know it, time always goes by quickly..

2/02/2007 5:29 PM  
Blogger Chica Bonita Q8 said...

cixousianpanic: yeah it would be nice if they had more programs like this ..

dr.lost: thanks :)

2/04/2007 6:33 AM  
Blogger the tooth.fairy said...

Yalla come back !!

2/04/2007 11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home